Monday 23 June 2014

Runstreak Day #205 - Runstreak Rest Day

Day 205 and I took a rest day today.

Well... when I say 'rest day', I mean it was just a short run... enough to blow away the cobwebs, but not enough to kill myself.  Which is the equivalent of a runstreak rest day!   Running around the lakes at Colwick is my default runstreak rest route - it's flat, it's just over my minimum distance and it's so familiar I don't have to think at all while I'm doing it.  Just pootle.

This evening, I also had someone trying to tempt me into running a marathon next year.  We were chatting about running (obviously!) and it just came up... and... I may almost have agreed to do one.  I'm sure sanity will prevail and I won't.  I hope it does!  And I hope it doesn't.  What on earth is the matter with me?!

Anyhoo, I ran my run this evening.  Enjoyed the happy rhythmic sound of my trainers.  Attempted to get my breathing under control a bit more.  Felt generally relaxed.  Yeah, nice.  The headache I'd had earlier in the day cleared and life felt good.  Days like this which are nothing special are what running is really about.  You aren't pushing for a time.  You aren't striving for a distance.  You aren't competing.  You're just running and being in the moment.  Nice.

Oh, and I also (hooray!) had a rebate from the tax bods.  My first thought?!  'Ooooh, new trainers!'.  Seriously... what on earth has happened to me!?

Geeky stats stuff

Distance:2.39 mi
Time:19:46
Moving Time:19:46
Elapsed Time:19:46
Avg Pace:8:16 min/mi
Avg Moving Pace:8:16 min/mi
Best Pace:7:11 min/mi

No comments:

Post a Comment