Thursday 12 June 2014

Runstreak Day #194 - heavy legs, struggle run

The good thing about being nearly 200 runs into my runstreak is that I know that days like today, where I struggle even to run 5k, is that I realise that it's just temporary.  A busy week, not enough sleep, a warm day and I can feel it in my legs.  They feel like lead.  Stiff and inflexible.  Not fun!

Tonight, I ended up running with my daughter coming along on her bike.  That's good and bad in equal measure.  Good because I like having her company.  Bad because she never keeps up and it means my run is very stop starty.  Good because I needed the breaks to catch my breath and stretch.  Bad because when I stopped by the water, I got bitten by mozzies!!

My body is telling me to look after it over the next few days.  Some sensible slow routes are needed.

It's also telling me I've earned a cuppa cha and an early night.  Ta for the memo, body!  :o)

*slurps tea*

Geeky stats stuff

Distance:3.05 mi
Time:24:55
Moving Time:24:54
Elapsed Time:39:10
Avg Pace:8:09 min/mi
Avg Moving Pace:8:09 min/mi
Best Pace:6:44 min/mi

No comments:

Post a Comment