Friday 13 June 2014

Runstreak Day #195 - treacle toffee backwards run

It's just a phase... it's just a phase... it's just a phase...

You know... one of those 'running is like wading through neck-deep mud, backwards, blindfolded, whilst covered in treacle' days.  Another of those days!  Aaaaargh!!!

This evening's run was a stop-starty hilly affair, with my 8 year old coming along on his bike.  He was absolutely bursting with energy.  Me, not so much.  In fact, not at all.  Hold on... I can feel a list of runners' excuses coming on...

1.  I didn't get enough sleep
2.  I didn't eat the right foods
3.  My calf muscles are feeling a bit stiff
4.  It's too humid
5.  It's too hot
6.  It's the end of the week and I'm tired
7.  I ran too much last week
8.  I couldn't find my rhythm
9.  It's my time of the month
10. DIDN'T YOU READ THE LAST ONE?!?!?!  LEAVE ME ALONE!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, so it's quite a long list.  And most of it is twaddle.  I think that some runs, some days, some weeks are just a bit like this one's been.  A survive it and move on week.  I know as I approached my 100th day, everything felt a bit bleh then too.

Today's run went... up a hill... down a hill... up a hill... down a hill... up another hill... down a hill... up... down...

You can see I decided to go easy on myself?!?!  And then when my little boy decided that he wanted to go up a steep hill just so he could ride down it full pelt... I decided that I was happy waiting at the bottom for him to do his crazy thing while I caught my breath.

He's now making me a cuppa cha.  Train 'em young... train 'em young.  :o)

Geeky stats stuff

Distance:3.32 mi
Time:27:42
Moving Time:27:38
Elapsed Time:40:00
Avg Pace:8:20 min/mi
Avg Moving Pace:8:19 min/mi
Best Pace:6:35 min/mi

No comments:

Post a Comment