Sunday 15 June 2014

Runstreak Day #197 - and rela-a-a-a-ax


Dunno what kind of run today's run was.  It was 'nice'.  Tiring, sweaty... but nice.

Took my little boy with me as he was driving his sister crackers - too much energy to burn - so I helped him burn some off with a five mile run / bike ride for him.  Actually wasn't planned to be that far.  Just ended up like that as we were going different routes and exploring new paths which was kinda fun.

I saw some photos of me taken at yesterday's parkrun and I noticed how tense I looked... like I was afraid of each stride some how.  I was stupidly nervous and it showed in how I was running.  All raised shoulders and arms up by my chest.  Not good!  So, today, I concentrated on keeping my shoulders from being up by my ears, my breathing relaxed and kept my arms down too.  It definitely feels better like that, I just have to keep practising so my body remembers that feeling!

So... 5 miles this evening.  Not exactly the long run I should have done today.  But long enough to enjoy it.  And enough hills to make my legs feel like they've done something too.

Tomorrow is an early run day before I'm off to London for a couple of days.  This fitting in a run to keep the runstreak going is a tricky business!!  3 more days until day 200!!

Which is why I need a cuppa now.  :o)

Geeky stats stuff

Distance:5.01 mi
Time:41:22
Moving Time:41:23
Elapsed Time:57:39
Avg Pace:8:15 min/mi
Avg Moving Pace:8:16 min/mi

No comments:

Post a Comment