Monday 9 June 2014

Runstreak Day #191 - a little leg stretcher

Today's run was all about just getting out there.  Mentally I'm still on a high from yesterday's secret half marathon!  I ran really slowly today, making sure I took it steady and concentrated on checking that everything was still functioning okay.

To be honest, my head was still full of disbelief that I have managed a half marathon.  I ran along thinking 'these legs ran a half marathon'... 'I ran a half marathon'... repeating those words in my head to try to convince myself that it really happened.  I'm thinking to myself 'maybe I am a proper runner'... and I allow that thought to drift around my head a bit.  It feels kinda nice.  I know when I was running yesterday the time seemed to pass really quickly.  Two hours yesterday felt no different to twenty minutes today.

Weirdly, I don't even really notice the route today.  It's one I've done lots of times before. It's my default 'can't be bothered to put in much effort' short route.  But I like the fact that these days it's all on auto-pilot.  My legs know what they're supposed to do.  It's not easy - it's still running after all - but if I want to coast along, I now know that I could do 13.1 miles of coasting and feel absolutely fine afterwards... so today I coasted.

The fact that I enjoyed it so much yesterday shows me exactly how much I've come to love running in general.

Maybe that's what makes you a proper runner?

Geeky stats stuff

Distance:2.22 mi
Time:19:49
Moving Time:19:49
Elapsed Time:19:49
Avg Pace:8:54 min/mi
Avg Moving Pace:8:55 min/mi
Best Pace:7:56 min/mi

No comments:

Post a Comment