Tuesday 10 June 2014

Runstreak Day #192 - just another 5k

Legs feeling less stiff than yesterday... check.
Sore bits on feet less sore than yesterday... check.
Fancying running just a bit further... check.
Love of running undiminished... check!!

Yup.  All good!

Fingers and toes crossed this means that my next slice of crazy - where I run a half marathon two weekends in a row later on this year - is doable.  A teensy part of me is a bit sad that I have no epic blisters, falling off toenails or scary sunburn as battle wounds from the weekend's half marathon.  But the other 99.9999% of me is going 'shut up you mad bat!' and appreciating the fact that I feel great!  Am still grinning every so often about the weekend and it's definitely given me confidence that if I slow down, I can just keep on running for a lot longer than I thought I could.

The route I ran today required zero thought.  I've run it before, it's hilly but not too hilly... and it allows me to fill my head with nerdy stuff.  Nerdy running stuff.  I like to concentrate on one or two aspects of my running while I'm running.  One day it's my breathing - counting in and out my breaths according to my steps... 1 - 2 - 3 - breathe in - 1 - 2 - 3 - breathe out...  trying to breathe deeper, quieter and longer as I go.  Or another time it'll be making sure I'm not heel striking, concentrating on the way my foot's landing, checking that everything feels right each step I take.  Sometimes it's about my arms - not too high, not too tense, making sure they're doing something rather than coasting along for the ride.  It's properly nerdy, but it zones my head out completely and it's weirdly relaxing to do it!

Which means that getting home, I might be sweating my face off, but I'm as relaxed as I've been all day.  Just because I got to run around the neighbourhood being a complete running geek, with no-one to roll their eyes at me and be all judgey-judgey about my nerdy running obsession!! :o)

Day 200 is creeping ever closer!  Must have a think about how to mark it...

Geeky stats stuff

Distance:3.19 mi
Time:26:48
Moving Time:26:48
Elapsed Time:26:48
Avg Pace:8:24 min/mi
Avg Moving Pace:8:24 min/mi
Best Pace:6:34 min/mi

No comments:

Post a Comment