Friday 6 June 2014

Runstreak Day #188 - the one where I remind myself that hills are good for me...

In many ways it's a shame that hills are so damnably easy to find around here.  I live on a hill, that comes off another hill, in the hilly part of town, with plenty of valleys... and hills.

On the other hand, when I think to myself 'I want a run that's easy to get to', then I get to run a few hills and strengthen my leggies while I'm at it.  A lazy run choice is actually a hard work choice.  Today, to be honest, I didn't really plan my route.  I just went out of the door, turned right, ran up the hill across the park and then went a slightly different route, past the woods - mentally going 'Oooooh, I didn't know we lived so close to the woods' - up and down and up and down.  Was watched going up a particularly steep hill and had to fake tying up my laces to catch my breath!

But I survived.  And managed a Friday evening run, only going past two pubs, avoiding the ones where the worst heckling happens... and wore myself out after a busy week.

A good kind of worn out though.  My head needed the hills, just as my legs benefit from them too.

Geeky stats stuff

Distance:2.73 mi
Time:22:48
Moving Time:22:47
Elapsed Time:27:28
Avg Pace:8:21 min/mi
Avg Moving Pace:8:21 min/mi
Best Pace:6:16 min/mi

No comments:

Post a Comment