Wednesday 4 June 2014

Runstreak Day #186 - an 'Every day is running day' run

Apparently today is 'National Running Day'.  Which is completely wrong because every day is a running day... although, between you and me, today very nearly wasn't.  I just was *not* feeling it at all.  But that's the thing with running every day... you learn to accept the good runs alongside the rubbishy ones.  And it's all okay.

Achy tired legs.  Knackered generally.  A mid-week dip.  That's all.

As ever, once I got out there, I was okay.  I had absolutely no plan as to where I was going to go other than it couldn't be too far as I needed to get back so that my husband could go out to a meeting at half seven.  Having to be back by a certain time always adds a bit of pressure to a gal's run!  Which means that if you're already feeling a bit sluggish, then your legs will weigh approximately 1,000,000 times what they normally do and you'll feel like you'll just never get home.

While I was out, a load of Sweatshop Running Community runners went past in dribs and drabs.  It's funny how differently runners behave.  Some smiled and said hello.  Some studiously ignored me.  Some looked guilty as they clocked me seeing them slow down to a walk.  I smiled and said hello to all of them - yet such different reactions.  Strange!  I always try to smile at other people when I'm out running.  You so often see runners who look like they're angry at the whole world.  Now, I know that it's just that running is hard work and sometimes you just have to disappear into your head while you will your feet to carry on moving.  But, a little hello or acknowledgement to another runner... that'd just be polite, wouldn't it?

Anyhoo... that's another day done.  Not all runs are brilliant.  But it's always good to have gone for a run anyway.  :o)

Geeky stats stuff

Distance:2.89 mi
Time:23:27
Moving Time:23:28
Elapsed Time:25:04
Avg Pace:8:07 min/mi
Avg Moving Pace:8:07 min/mi
Best Pace:5:55 min/mi

No comments:

Post a Comment