Sunday 31 August 2014

Runstreak Day #274 - the crash after the long run

Day 274... and I had a really really fab run with a couple of lovely Notts Women Runners... and it totally reminded me about how fab running is.

We ran 11 miles together, chatting away just about the whole time, did a completely new route... managed a decent consistent pace and I definitely feel like a sub-2 half marathon is comfortably possible in a few weeks time provided I keep myself from panicking / doing something stupid / injuring myself!  Although obviously I have now massively tempted fate and it'll all go pear shaped in the next few weeks... *touches wood quickly*

However, about an hour or so after coming home... having a shower and a nice cuppa cha (naturally!), I crashed completely.  Terrible headache... stomach feeling awful... and it's never happened to me before.  How weird is that??  I guess I could probably have done to drunk water while I was running as it was pretty warm, but I absolutely hate carrying anything with me so didn't have anything.  I had a bottle of water and a banana as soon as I finished running, but I'm not sure how much it helped.

Whoops!

Ah well.  It was still a really nice run and I enjoyed it lots.  Pretty countryside.  Saw other friendly runners.  Good to have company on a longish run.  And finished not feeling too wrecked.  Just crashed later on.  Soooo... gotta get my head around fixing the last bit and all will be well!

Right... more headache tablets and another cuppa required! :D

Geeky stats stuff

Distance:11.02 mi
Time:1:35:58
Avg Pace:8:43 min/mi
Elevation Gain:101 ft

No comments:

Post a Comment