Monday 4 August 2014

Runstreak Day #247 - running glamour... again

Day 247 (oooooh - nearly at 250 days!  Don't know why that's important or special in any way... but still... ooOOOooooh!)

Anyhoo... Day 247 and I have managed almost the full range of 'things that are glamorous about running'.

1.  I came to a spluttering flapping stop when a fly went in my eye
2.  I nearly peed myself as I was running
3.  I ended up peeing in a corn field and almost ended up with maize stuck up my bum
4.  I may have watered my trainers just a teensy bit during the cornfield incident
5.  My new running top is a tad too big and it got increasingly saggy as I ran... and I ended up running showing my bra to everyone I ran past
6.  I sweated a damp patch on the car seat on the way home
7.  And then dripped all over the kitchen floor as I put the washing on.

The only thing I didn't manage was to meet the brown turtle of doom this evening.  So all is generally well!  :D

Oh, and I'm back to doing slow, short runs as my knee was complaining a bit after my 10 miler yesterday.  Must.  Be.  Sensible.

*does best sensible face*

At least for today's run my littlest came with me on his bike, so I had his company (and a lookout for the corn field interlude!)... and generally other than the fly, pee, sweat and boob flashing incidents... it was fine and dandy.  And managed to make a stressy return to work dissolve into nothingness.  Hooray!!

And now I have tea.  And I LOVE tea.

Geeky stats stuff

Distance:2.87 mi
Time:24:06
Avg Pace:8:24 min/mi
Elevation Gain:14 ft

No comments:

Post a Comment