Thursday 7 August 2014

Runstreak Day #250 - 250 days of running! Get in!!

DAY 250 BABY!!!!

Two hundred and fifty on the trot
Two hundred and fifty's quite a lot
Two hundred and fifty days where I
Didn't rest, not once, no lie.

I've swallowed flies
And blinked them too
Peed in woodlands
(Nature's loo)

I've lost my pride
So many times
Light grey shorts?
*cringe* Wet patch crime.  :o)

I've yelled hello
At passing cars
I'm often heckled
By pricks in bars

I've run up hills
And down them too
Done airplane arms
And looked a fool

I've found new routes
Got lost on paths
I've done some races
(and a secret half!)

I've run in rain
A soggy sight
Through wind and hail
Which was plain shite

Run with my kids
Or all alone
Made running friends
To call my own

I've drunk at least
10 baths of tea.
But most of all
I've run for me.

250 days isn't half a lot of running!  I think I've run around about 850+ miles since I started this run streak.  Which is sheer madness!

I don't really know what it is that keeps me running every day other than I can't imagine *not* running every day.  I love the feeling that I've achieved something just for me, no matter what else the day holds.  When you get a brilliant run and everything feels amazing, you can't help but feel all tingly and happy.  And today's stupidly hilly run was enjoyable in a masochistic kinda way.  And the reason it was so hilly?  Because those were the streets where I could run the number '250' with my route and I wasn't about to let the silly hilly bits put me off my ridiculous goal (even if the thought of doing hills again after the whole hurty knee thing was kinda scary!).   :o))

I've had some amazing support from various online running communities including Strava and Run Mummy Run.  They inspire me every day with their running and the warmth of the brilliant community.  And most of all, I love that even if running a stupidly hilly route in order to trace out the number 250 doesn't make sense to anyone else on the planet... a fair few of them will be going 'yeah, that seems logical to me'!

*hugs everyone in sight*

Another run tomorrow?  Don't mind if I do!

Geeky stats stuff

Distance:3.70 mi
Time:31:41
Avg Pace:8:34 min/mi
Elevation Gain:252 ft

No comments:

Post a Comment