Thursday 21 August 2014

Runstreak Day #264 - great excuse for being lazy

Slowest run yet as part of my runstreak... but there was a good reason for it.  It wasn't just that I'm being a lazy arse today, no siree...

The reason?

My 8 year old wanted to come running with me!  WOOOO HOOO!!!!!

We ran-walked and he managed just over 3 miles at a 12 minute mile pace... which was fab.  What was good was that he didn't just blast off and exhaust himself within the first mile.  He was counting under his breath as he went to keep his rhythm steady.  And he kept on keeping on which was great.

I do like that he enjoyed himself.  I enjoyed having his company too.  Not least because I really didn't feel like running very fast today and running with him gave me a great excuse not to!

Win.  Win!  :o)

Plus, he made me a cuppa when we got home!

Yeah, not bad at all!  And yeah, I was being a bit of a lazy arse.  264 days, I think I'm allowed a lazy arse day!

Geeky stats stuff

Distance:3.33 mi
Time:39:56
Avg Pace:12:00 min/mi
Elevation Gain:97 ft

No comments:

Post a Comment