Monday 18 August 2014

Runstreak Day #261 - passing it on...

Thank goodness for running.  Thank.  Goodness.  My feet are brilliant for allowing me to escape and get a *much* needed bit of space!

Didn't go far.  Didn't go fast.  Went with my youngest coming with me on his bike.  But boy oh boy did I need the space.  Even though he chatted most of the way, so it wasn't exactly a quiet space, it was still fresh air and outdoor space!  We ended up chatting about parkrun as we went along.  I think he might give it a go in a few weeks.  He's decided that I am an 'expert runner' and is prepared to run with me.  He's so gracious!!  :D

Am looking forward to running with him... even if he doesn't run most of it and it turns into a whinge fest, at the moment, I'm looking forward to it!  I don't want to be one of those 'COME ON, PUSH IT!!  PUSH... PUSH!!!  GO!!!!  DO IT!!!' parents who stand on the sidelines, trying to live their athletic dreams through their offspring.  But I would love it if he decided he wanted to have a go and found he enjoyed it, just because he wanted to.

And in the meantime, I'll appreciate having done day 261 in his company!

Plus, he made me a cup of tea when we got home.  So I have hu-u-u-u-u-uge love for my son right now!!  ^_^

Geeky stats stuff

Distance:2.36 mi
Time:20:29
Avg Pace:8:40 min/mi
Elevation Gain:17 ft

No comments:

Post a Comment