Thursday 28 August 2014

Runstreak Day #271 - first run of my 40s!

Happy birthday to me!
Happy birthday to me!
I have now reached forty
And I got to drink tea.  :o)

I also got to run with my daughter which made for a slow run, but she did a great job and I really enjoyed the fact that I had her company today.

I made a whole heap of changes when I realised that 40 was starting to loom in January 2013... and now that 40's here, I got to reap the benefit of a load of those changes.  I ran... and I didn't feel pressured to do a 'proper' run, I'm comfortable about *not* always pushing myself... and after over a year of my running, my daughter actually wants to come running with me!  How brilliant is that!  I didn't quite see that change coming, some how.  My son's just started running.  My daughter's going to give parkrun a go soon.  I love that my changes have rippled into the rest of my family.  I'm so proud of them!

So, a short run to mark the start of my 40s.  The day was filled with birthday stuff, but I still wanted to run.  My daughter says that I'm a very good runner and I've nothing to improve.  It tickles me that she thinks that (even if it's completely not true!).  I said to her that there's lots of stuff I want to do with my running... but my most important thing is to carry on enjoying it.

Plus, there was tea!

Geeky stats stuff

Distance:2.54 mi
Time:25:24
Avg Pace:10:01 min/mi
Elevation Gain:29 ft

No comments:

Post a Comment