Bloomin' heck it is HORRIBLE out there. That fine soaky bleurghy grim cold rain. With added wind. Because that's exactly what you need when you're already soggy and running up a hill - a headwind to chill everything off nicely.
At least I'm not stubborn enough to carry on wearing a t-shirt and shorts to run in when the weather's like this.
Ah... hang on... I am. It is *still* summer. What is going on with the weather?!?!?!
Anyhoo, enough moaning. Actually, no, I don't think I've done enough moaning. Here is my list of first world running problems:
1. Shoe laces slightly loosening while you're running... not enough to come undone, but just enough to be annoying.
2. A teeny tiny stone in your shoe which occasionally ends up right up under your foot, then disappears to the side again
3. Sweat in your eyes - it stings. How can your own body attack you in this way!?!?!? Huh?
4. A little bit of hair which escapes your ponytail and keeps touching the side of your face as you run
5. Running self-wedgie. 'Nuff said.
6. Any kind of chaffing. Any kind. Even the thought of chaffing is enough to make you run like you've pooped yourself so that no body part can touch any other body part.
7. Runny nose. Especially if you are also being rained on and have absolutely nothing dry with which to wipe your runny nose.
8. Dog poo smeared across the pavement - almost impossible to avoid without breakdancing your way around it
9. Any mud which splats into the back of your sock and squelches its way towards your heel
10. Choking on a fly, going to spit it out... and ending up spitting on yourself... all over your top, arm and anywhere else you manage to spray in the process.
11. And last but very not least... anything toilet related. WHY CAN YOU NEVER GO TO THE TOILET ENOUGH BEFORE RUNNING?!?! I mean... seriously? Why? I go at least three or four times... and *still* need a pee while I'm out. And don't get me started on the brown headed turtle of doom...
Okay. And. Better.
A hilly wet windy 5k today. And now I'm baking focaccia with roasted peppers for lunch. Because I earned it!
*slurps tea and glares at the weather*
Geeky stats stuff
|Avg Pace:||8:23 min/mi|
|Elevation Gain:||206 ft|