Wednesday 6 August 2014

Runstreak Day #249 - an everyday run

Today's run was one of those which probably isn't really worth commenting on!  It wasn't too far, it was flat, it was okay.  I did battle with one fly attempting to land in my eye. I passed several runners, none of whom made eye contact (what's with that?!  It doesn't take much to say hello or smile!).  I went a slightly different route to normal just to make it a bit different.  I didn't push it at all because I wasn't feeling it.

You know what though?  That's the thing with running every day.  You learn to accept that every day will be different.  Some days are sparkly and fabulous.  Other days are just okay.  Today was an okay today.  I needed to run.  I needed space.  I needed quiet.  The need to run is sometimes more than the 'want' to run.  Not sure that that makes sense.  But it makes sense to me, which is okay too!!

Positives from today's run?  The sunset was beautiful.  The light through the trees was golden and delicious.  I paused beneath the trees and soaked some of that up.

And then had an almost excruciatingly embarrassing experience where I thought I was going to have to pee (oh how low I've sunk!!), eyed up a suitable tree... and then just as I went to make my move... a family ambled through the wood towards me.  Oh.  My.  Good.  Grief!  That would have been toe curlingly cringeworthy!!

So... there you go.  Bits of today's run were okay.  Bits were lovely.  And bits were just plain weird!

Geeky stats stuff

Distance:2.63 mi
Time:21:34
Avg Pace:8:12 min/mi
Elevation Gain:7 ft

No comments:

Post a Comment