Tuesday 26 August 2014

Runstreak Day #269 - a 'fit it in' run

Today's run was a bit of a 'fit it in' run.

That's often the way when you're running every day.  There is no waiting for the perfect opportunity to run.  There is no perfect weather.  No perfect feeling of health.  You just grab the opportunities which come along and jam a run into the space which is left.

Which was exactly what today's run was like.  I had a half hour in which a run could be squeezed, so I did just over 3 miles.  And played 'dodge the weeds in the nature reserve' while I was at it.

In fact, that could well be a 'thing'.  You don't exactly see track runners / pavement warriors do it, do you?  The little jiggety jig thing as you attempt to skirt around nettles so as not to get stung.  Or high knee your way through brambles.  Or run like a crab as you attempt not to get caught up in teasels hanging over the trail.  The latter, I managed least successfully and earned myself a scratched and slightly bloody leg as a result.  Aaargh!

I did put on my best big brave girl face and not check out the damage as I ran.  Which would probably have put me off completely and left me in a weeping huddle in the hedgerow!

Still... I fitted in my run before heading off for a day in London.  So... result!

No time for tea though.  Boo hiss!

Geeky stats stuff

Distance:3.34 mi
Time:28:31
Avg Pace:8:32 min/mi
Elevation Gain:26 ft

No comments:

Post a Comment