Thursday 14 August 2014

Runstreak Day #257 - running with my daughter

If there were a suitable song for me to be singing about running, I'd be singing it.  I had a completely and utterly happy run this evening... which surprised me completely as, to be honest, I wasn't feeling it in the slightest and other than day 257 being stupid number to finish on, I was struggling to find a reason to get out there.

In the end, I decided just to do a short run, and asked my daughter if she'd like to come with me.  She agreed... and my husband decided to come as well, with my littlest and him coming on bikes.  They rode together.  We ran.

It was bloomin' fab.  I can't tell you how happy I felt running along with her.  We ran hand in hand, her chatting away and managing a pace of just over 9 minute miles, which for an 11 year old who hasn't done that much running, was brilliant.  She said she was running as fast as she could at one point... until I pointed out that she'd been in full conversation with me and if she had been running full pelt, she wouldn't have had the breath to chat!  I love that she can do more than she realises.  And I've sown the seed of doing parkrun with her as we did most of the route this evening together!  HOORAY!!!!

I love that she ran with me.  I love that she wants to run with me again.  I love her.  I love running.  I love my feet.  I love my trainers.  I love the park.  I love yelling hello to the ducks as I run past.  I love my running shorts.  I love that I can run.  I love that she can run.  I love EVERYTHING!  Because running just made everything a-a-a-a-a-a-a-alright with the world!!  :o)

*hugs everyone in sight*

Oh, and I also signed up for another half marathon next year.  Which I've managed to persuade my younger brother to run with me.  I'm dragging my whole family into the crazy with me.

*evil cackle*

Geeky stats stuff

Distance:2.38 mi
Time:22:17
Avg Pace:9:21 min/mi
Elevation Gain:13 ft

No comments:

Post a Comment