Tuesday 5 August 2014

Runstreak Day #248 - wot no beetroot face?!

So... Day 248 and I had the bright idea of taking a photo every mile to see how sweaty and red I got on my run.  Mainly out of curiosity.  But... okay... yeah... just curiosity really!

Anyway, the thing I learned was that I get sweaty when I stop running, it's not so bad when I'm actually running.  But by the time I get home, I've melted.  Who knew?!  I'm also not that red, which is mildly disappointing because a red face means you've worked hard.  And I did... but I don't have the red faced evidence.  In fact, the only thing I've really learned is that I can see that my top gets saggier and saggier as I run, revealing sports bra loveliness as I go.  Quality.  And that was just about all my experiment revealed.  My name is Sarah.  And I am now officially a sports scientist.  :o)

To be honest, I was also quite glad of the beep going off on my watch to take my picture because it meant I could stop and stretch!  Cunning, huh?

Other things about my run?  It was trails.  It was nice.  I earned myself one nettle sting.  Two mosquito bites.  And a fly up my nose.

AND MY KNEE DIDN'T HURT!!!! HOOOOOOORAYYYYYY!!!!!

I am now drinking the biggest celebratory cup of tea in the world.  Even if my face isn't quite red enough.

Geeky stats stuff

Distance:3.35 mi
Time:25:45
Avg Pace:7:41 min/mi
Elevation Gain:15 ft

No comments:

Post a Comment