Friday 22 August 2014

Runstreak Day #265 - 100 days away from a year

Oooooh!  Guess what?!  I just realised... it's day 265... which means... in 100 days I'll have been doing this for a full year!

Wonder if I'll make 365?!  Mind you, I didn't think I'd make day 6 let alone 265... so who can say?  A few more runs like this evening I can completely handle though.  Out with a few others for a pootle along the river... and no Friday evening soaking either!!  

First part run with everyone... second part running for a bit with another of our lovely Notts runners... last bit a leg stretch on my own.  A run of three lovely parts.  That's not bad going, is it?  And then a 'putting the world to rights' chat to round it all off.  Whilst wearing our beetroot sweaty faces with pride. 

I ran for so long on my own that I thought I was running on my own because I wanted to.  Because I needed the space.  And then I was too frightened to run with other people because I wasn't a 'proper' runner.  And the first few times I did it, I was terrified!  And now, I feel like I'm lucky to have choice.  To run with others.  To run on my own.  To feel comfortable with either.  And I love how quickly the time passes when I run with others.  And I'm chatting.  And it's just nice an' relaxed.  Even with the obligatory red face afterwards.  It's a whole different take on running.

I am a lucky bunny, aren't I?

100 day countdown begins?!  Whaddya reckon?  Have I got a full year in my legs?  Let's see...   :o)

Geeky stats stuff

Distance:3.86 mi
Time:35:41
Avg Pace:9:14 min/mi
Elevation Gain:23 ft

No comments:

Post a Comment