Tuesday 1 July 2014

Runstreak Day #213 - 7 months of running every day!

Day 213... you have been RUN!!!

And today is exactly 7 months since I started this crazy running streak and it's 6:30 in the morning... I've already done a nice hilly (yeah - nice and hilly in the same sentence!) 5k.  And I feel EPIC!!!  WOOOOO HOOOO!!!

Absolutely sparkly delish out.  Running up the hill didn't completely wreck me.  I played 'beat the bus' along the high street (bus 0 : me 1 - yay!) where when the bus passes me on the hill, I see if I can run up the hill and along the high street and get to the other end before it does.  Then ran down the hill the other side... up another hill... down it... up a looooooo-o-o-o-ong not-too-steep hill, avoiding being bitten by a stupid yappy dog... around the streets at the top... avoiding another trip-hazard dog on an overly long lead... then down the next hill... and up again to home.

Oh yeah, and I made a point of not looking at my watch again this morning and just feeling what was a comfortable pace / rhythm.  5k in dead on 25 minutes.  Get in!

Things I like about running in the morning?  You don't have to wait to cross the road because there's no traffic.  No-one heckles you.  Early morning sunshine.  Bird song and stillness.  The air is fresher than a fresh thing.  And the rest of the day you feel fabulous.

Things I don't like about running in the morning?!  F*ck me, it's early.  :o)

Cuppa?  Earned.

Smug pants.  On.  :o))

Geeky stats stuff

Distance:3.18 mi
Time:25:40
Moving Time:25:40
Elapsed Time:25:40
Avg Pace:8:05 min/mi
Avg Moving Pace:8:05 min/mi

No comments:

Post a Comment