Tuesday 15 July 2014

Runstreak Day #227 - I forgot I was running...

*canters in*

*twirls*

Why... do you like my ever-so-sparkly-aren't-they-lovely smug pants?  They're the extra special Day 227 variety.  They come with added 'hilly 5k goodness'.

Or some such nonsense.

Actually, talking of nonsense... do you know what I was thinking about when I was running this morning?  Bearing in mind I'd just run up a mile long bit of hill.  Was starting to sweat my face off and attempting not to sound like a 90-year old chain-smoker having an asthma attack.  Y'know... I'd been running.  My brain started to go 'so, when you get to go for your run today, you could go to that new country park this evening and run up the ziggy zaggy hill and see if you could beat the time you did that in last time'.

Yup.  As I was running, my brain had forgotten it was running and was planning a run for the evening.

I.  Actually.  Think.  I.  May.  Be.  Going.  Mad.

And no, I won't be going for a run this evening.  This evening I will mainly be drinking tea and slobbing about*.

So... there ya go.  Day 227.  The day I ran 5k at 5:30 in the morning and forgot I was running as I was actually running.

Send emergency tea supplies.  I am in desperate need!!  :o)

*  That's a lie, I want to go for a walk!

Geeky stats stuff

Distance:3.10 mi
Time:26:10
Avg Pace:8:26 min/mi
Elevation Gain:205 ft

No comments:

Post a Comment