Monday 7 July 2014

Runstreak Day #219 - early, hilly, sunny, slowly

Good morning early morning running crew!  Here I am already... reporting for duty for day 219!

And... all done by just gone 6am.  Today's run was brought to you care of the words 'hilly', 'short' and 'early'.  Special guest appearance by a small annoying stone in my shoe half way round.  And the huffing and puffing fairy decided to visit as I mistakenly ran up the steepest steep hill because I apparently don't know the difference between First and Second Avenues.  First Avenue = stupidly steep.  Second Avenue = make sure your will is up to date, this one could take you out.

I'd forgotten the difference and ran up Second Avenue.  With its lovely 15% gradient.  And all because as I ran down across the park opposite I thought 'I wonder what it's like to run up First Avenue'.  And then turned right instead of left and found myself running up the hill of death.

Anyhoo... it was all sparkly and delicious out.  I barely saw anyone and the streets were mine to play on.  Gotta love getting out nice 'n' early.  The 'putting my kit in the bathroom' technique definitely works for getting me to leave the house by 5:30 for my run.  When I (inevitably) go for my early morning pee, there it is, waiting for me.  And by the time I've gone into auto-pilot and shoved it on, I might as well go for my run anyway!

My smug pants are hitched nice 'n' high.  I have tea.  The rest of the day awaits.  And I've already done my run.

*happy dances*

Geeky stats stuff

Distance:2.49 mi
Time:21:55
Avg Pace:8:48 min/mi
Elevation Gain:186 ft

No comments:

Post a Comment