Saturday 5 July 2014

Runstreak Day #217 - my least favourite things

Good grief, today's run was a nightmare... let me tell you about it...

*puts on best Julie Andrews voice*

Pains in my toesies and insects have bitten
Me on my arms, legs and bits that I sit on
Shorts up my bum crack like cheese wire or string
These are a few of my least favourite things

Dog muck and cow poo and crazy fat poodles
Humidity frizz turns my hair into noodles
Mozzies that buzz in the evening twilight
These are the things that make my runs shite

Battling with sports bras, with twisty strap scratches
Mascara that streams panda-like from eyelashes 
Stones in my trainers and leaking pee stings
These are a few of my least favourite things

When a dog bites
When my pants ping
When my run's quite sad
I stop and I start and I swear quite a lot
And then I don't feeeeeeel so baaaaad!!

And that, my lovelies, was my 217th day of running... done.  A bag of absolute cack.  Had to jump over nettles and dodge the brambles on a route which has suddenly got massively overgrown.  Ran through knee length poxy grass and then nearly snapped my ankle running along a stupidly lumpy track.  I even stopped and swore at myself going 'what the f*ck is wrong with you?!?!?!?!!'.  And then a mozzie bit me on my arm, sweat dribbled into my eyes, and I swore just a tad more.  And then ran home.  Still swearing at myself every so often for good measure.

Which didn't help at all.  But made me feel slightly less inclined to push the annoying yappy dog that wouldn't get out of the way into the nearby stream.

I fear I may have a touch of pre-menstrual running on the go...*  ;)

*looks slightly wild eyed*

MAKE ME TEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I NEED TEA!!!!

*collapses*

* this is officially the understatement of the year.

Geeky stats stuff

Distance:3.01 mi
Time:24:54
Avg Pace:8:17 min/mi
Elevation Gain:25 ft

No comments:

Post a Comment