Saturday 26 July 2014

Runstreak Day #238 - pre-holiday running

A-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-and... that's my 238th day of running a-a-a-a-a-all done.  LOVE it when I get my run done before 7am.  Not only do I get to wear the smug pants that say 'yeah world... I got out there and ran before you even woke up!!!'... but I get to do that with a sweaty red face as well.  Glam.  *pulls smug pants up super high*

And today, it means that I get to go on holiday knowing that my run is done and I don't have to wind my husband up later on by arriving in Scotland and going 'and now I'm going for a run... laters!'.  :o)

So... stuff about today's run?  It wasn't that far - a shade over 3 miles.  I'm still taking it REALLY steady so that my knee stands a chance of recovering.  But I did brave my first hill in over a week.  I did the 'stupidly steep hill' - and ran up it with no problems.  Well, none other than thinking I was going to die by the time I got to the top.  And I did develop a slight hill potty mouth (the words 'for f*ck's sake don't stop' might have been uttered a few times).  And then I did something unheard of for me.  I ran really gingerly down the other side.  No aeroplane arms.  No running so fast I think I'm going to fall over.  None of that stuff.  Even debating which was the gentlest gradient to tackle going downwards.

Which was probably quite sensible!  But it is driving me mad that I can't just run the way I want, the pace I want, the routes I want at the moment!  At least my knee is getting better though.  The pain is loads less and since I couldn't even walk down a hill after last Saturday's WR10k... the fact that I can run slowly down one without hopping in pain is brilliant.

Right.  Better pack for holiday.  So that's... running shorts, running tops, running socks, trainers, sports bras, Garmin, sunblock... all the essentials.  :o)

But first?  Time for tea.  And peanut butter on toast.  And happy dancing.

*happy dances*

Geeky stats stuff

Distance:3.02 mi
Time:26:33
Avg Pace:8:47 min/mi
Elevation Gain:197 ft

No comments:

Post a Comment