Wednesday 2 July 2014

Runstreak Day #214 - running OCD

Day 214... early run again... woooo hooo!!

This could be a habit!  Up at 5:30... running kit on... shove self out of the door before brain realises what's happening.

I almost said that today's run wasn't particularly good.  But it was.  And the thought struck me as I ran that actually, no matter how the run went, I'd still achieved something before 6:30 in the morning and that's pretty darned good however fast or far I'd run.

In the end, I ran 3 miles.  Actually it was 2.98 when I got back to the house... so... of course I looped back to the end of my road and then returned to the front door... 5k in the bag and my ridiculous need to get over the next mile marker satisfied.  What *is* that about anyway?  Who cares if it's 2.98 not 3?!  Me.  I care.  In a really pathetic 'it's not actually 3 miles you only ran 2' kinda way.  Here are some ridiculous bits of running OCD for you...

1.  If I don't run to the nearest mile, I'm not allowed to round it up.
2.  If I run an 8.01 minute mile that's okay... but a 7:59 mile is ace.  Despite only being 2 seconds quicker.
3.  If I stop on my run, I didn't run it properly.
4.  If I stop for more than five minutes and then run again, I didn't do one run, I did two shorter ones.
5.  I will run around the outside edge of a curved road so that I run a bit further
6.  If I run quicker when I'm with others, that doesn't count because they 'helped' me.
7.  If I walk any part of my run then it wasn't a run at all.

Yeah.  My brain is a strange place.  It needs a jolly good kicking sometimes!

But right now, there is tea to drink and happy dancing to do...

*slurps tea*

Geeky stats stuff

Distance:3.03 mi
Time:24:45
Moving Time:24:46
Elapsed Time:26:32
Avg Pace:8:11 min/mi
Avg Moving Pace:8:11 min/mi
Best Pace:7:09 min/mi

No comments:

Post a Comment