Wednesday 23 July 2014

Runstreak Day #235 - decisions on the run

235 days all done and dusted.  Was today's run a) hot b) sweaty c) hurty or d) all of the above?

That's right!  It was d)!  Well done!!

This evening I ran with the Sweatshop Running Community again - although to be honest I didn't really run *with* anyone today.  No-one was going at my pace so I basically ran on my own, which was fine.  It is frustrating not being able to run at my normal pace, but I know I can't push it at all at the moment because of my stupid knee hurting.  There were a couple of points where I was doubting my sanity.  If I was going to end up running on my own, I could have just run a flatter route a bit later when it was cooler down by the river... rather than a route which meant that I had to compromise on my 'no hills and short routes' thing.

Whoops!

Anyway, I did it.  Just shy of 4 miles but not a drop of sweat on me wanted to run any further tonight.  I did quite enjoy it - and after a hard day at work, I definitely needed it!  I also made up my mind to run the Stroud Trail Half Marathon next year.  It's not because I want to run the crazy hills particularly, but it's in the area where I grew up... and it's taking place on the 5th anniversary of my Dad dying.  It's funny the things that go through your head while you're running, the decision to definitely do it happened while I was pattering along this evening.  I love that my head is clear and free to think about what I need to think about.  And I think that I want to give my time and space to my Dad on that particular date... and if I can run that in his memory and maybe raise some money along the way, that'd be a good way to mark the anniversary.

So... there you go.  I sweated my face off.  I ended up making a decision.  I got myself some space and freedom.  And, yet again, I don't regret going for my run.

Just gotta get my poxy knee feeling better.  Am doing stretching and strengthening exercises an' everything!  Which, for a lazy arse like me is a turn up for the books!

Am still doing my tea-arm strengthening exercises of course!  *slurps*

Geeky stats stuff

Distance:3.85 mi
Time:33:10
Avg Pace:8:36 min/mi
Elevation Gain:122 ft

No comments:

Post a Comment