Tuesday 8 July 2014

Runstreak Day #220 - early morning runs are ace!

*sings* Oh what a beautiful morning!

It is SO nice out.  Blue skies, hazy sunlight coming through the trees, mist rising off the River Trent in the distance... and just me and my trainers pattering along.  Yum, yum!!

Although there is the obvious benefit of getting to wear the smug pants after a nice early run, there is something pretty darned fabulous about getting out there first thing.  Everything is so fresh and yummy.  I feel a bit like a naughty kid, sneaking out while her parents are asleep.  Mentally it's much harder to do than physically.  But as long as you have your kit ready and have got your brain in 'I am going to do this' mode, it's ace.  <3

So... today's run... day 220 today (anyone fancy running my Day 225 run with me at the Retreat on Sunday?!) and one of those runs that reminded me why running is fab.  I ran up the long big hill from my house, cut across the park through sparkly dew-laden grass, ran down the 'you must be insane to run up this' hill... along near the railway line with only a couple of passing trains for company... and then back up the long slow hill to my house.

I love the fact that hills aren't a barrier to a route anymore.  Yes, they're still hard work, but they don't stop me from exploring.  18 months ago, I found them almost impossible to walk up without stopping for breath.  For all the treacle runs you might have, get a yumcious one and all is right with the world again!

Tea?  Don't mind if I do.

Geeky stats stuff

Distance:3.21 mi
Time:27:25
Avg Pace:8:33 min/mi
Elevation Gain:230 ft

No comments:

Post a Comment