Friday 18 July 2014

Runstreak Day #230 - knee pain niggles

Where I'll be running tomorrow!
Day 230 done and dusted before 6am.  Bosh!  Done!

*puts on smug pants and dances around happily*

When I say 'dances', I kind of mean more of a hobble.  My stupid knee which has been a bit twingy lately has decided that every time I run down a hill it's going to make me go 'oooh!'... 'ow!'... 'that doesn't feel quite right'... 'ouch!' etc.  I have no idea what I've done to it other than it hurts.  To be honest, not as bad as yesterday evening - which was a bit of a disaster of a run - and I took it really REALLY steady today so as not to aggravate it any more.  But I hate that the nagging fear that I've properly hurt myself is now in my head.  Gah!

Anyway, at least today's run is run and I've got more than 24 hours of not running down hills to let it rest a bit!  Plus, I got out before the crazy temperature started to rear its ugly sweaty head.  Running when it's hot is just sheer hard work.  You feel like the sweat has nowhere to go and you're breathing warm soup.  Tomorrow I'm running the Women's Running 10k in Nottingham.  It's going to be a hobbling in the heat affair.  Y'know, I think I might be missing those cold crisp morning runs of Autumn!  If only you could combine a light morning with a cold one.  That'd be just about spot on!

Right... another day in the bag.  I need my cuppa cha!  And some iced water.  A bucket of iced water!!

*melts*

Geeky stats stuff

Distance:2.47 mi
Time:21:54
Avg Pace:8:51 min/mi
Elevation Gain:97 ft

No comments:

Post a Comment