Sunday 13 July 2014

Runstreak Day #225 - running at The Belfry with #RMRRetreat

Whaddya know... it was Day 225 today... and I got to run it with an Run Mummy Run-army of strong, amazing women at the RMR Retreat.  Aren't I just the luckiest bunny?

I am almost too tired to write anything up about today's run... other than I have to say that running on a jolly posh golf course where people don't ever run was flippin' fun!  I might have to drop that into a conversation with a golf nerd and watch their face as they realise that I've unceremoniously clomped my way across the hallowed greens of The Belfry.  :o)

Okay... soooo... if I'm too tired to write about running (I know!  What's *that* about?!)... and if you want to read about yesterday's pile of cack that was my parkrun effort, you can do (it's here: http://kindarunning.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/runstreak-day-224-worst-ever-parkrun)... then what am I going to write about?

I think I really wanted to say what a fab weekend I've had.  I was completely and utterly inspired by the story from Tinu - a marathoner extraordinaire.  So much so that I'm going to attempt a marathon next year.  Life is too short for making excuses about why you shouldn't do something or trying to make the 'sensible' choice.  Sod it.  I want a challenge.  There.  I've said it.

Y'know, I was also struck by the fact that when we were listening to the speaker on Saturday afternoon, we ourselves were a room full of inspiration.  Every time we make a choice to go for a run, we make a difference to ourselves.  We make a difference to our children.  We make something positive happen.  We choose to take on a challenge.  A room full of amazing stories.  How special was it to be part of that?  As that realisation dawned, I felt very deeply privileged.  Any person in that room, on that afternoon, could have stood there and told a story that would inspire others.

We ran together.  We were nearly killed by the interval session together*.  We laughed together.  We were all in it together.  What a force to be reckoned with.

Thank you to all those behind RMR for your vision.  Thank you to every single member for telling amazing stories through your running.  I wish I could have spoken to all of you, but it was special to be amongst your energy for the past couple of days.  Thank you.

PS  For those who attended the Retreat... you all realise that you've already done 2 days of your own running streaks, right?  *naughty grin*
PPS  Day 3 tomorrow, my lovelies  :o)

* only a minor exaggeration  ;o)

Geeky stats stuff

Run 1:
Distance:2.57 mi
Time:23:40
Avg Pace:9:12 min/mi
Elevation Gain:68 ft

Run 2:
Distance:1.75 mi
Time:15:43
Avg Pace:8:59 min/mi
Elevation Gain:32 ft

No comments:

Post a Comment