Tuesday 22 July 2014

Runstreak Day #234 - slow, short run with my daughter

Day 234... and... guess what?!  I BLOODY LOVE RUNNING!!!

You know why?  Because for the first time in absolutely ages I had a little running partner with me!  My 10 year old decided she really wanted to come running, so she did.  And *points at picture* look what she'd written on her t-shirt!  'I AM A GOOD RUNNER (like my mummy)'

Awwwwwwwwww!!!

She managed just over 2.5 miles on a really hot and sticky evening.  We ran along the River Trent, with a cooling breeze helping to keep things manageable as the evening put on its best golden outfit and looked beautiful.  It really was lovely.  We stopped every so often so that she could catch her breath, but she managed a decent pace of just over 9 minute miles and even when she was getting tired towards the end, didn't give up and managed to run the whole distance.  We raced a bit.  We ran holding hands.  She skipped and boinged.  It was fab!

I felt SO proud of her!  And I love that she likes running.  She says she likes seeing things when we're out and she just likes the feeling of running.  Well, I just like the feeling of running too!

Weirdly, my week of 'short, flat, slow running' is turning out to be kinda good for me generally.  Absolutely no pressure to go fast or tackle anything difficult.  Just finding my rhythm and being careful with *how* I'm running to make sure I don't aggravate my dodgy knee and resting it as much as it's going to get rested!  I'm really enjoying just ambling around.

And drinking tea.  I always enjoy my post-run cuppa cha.  :o)

Geeky stats stuff

Distance:2.56 mi
Time:24:12
Avg Pace:9:27 min/mi
Elevation Gain:24 ft

No comments:

Post a Comment