Sunday 20 July 2014

Runstreak Day #232 - when you're still glad you ran

Day 232 and yes... I went for a run.  What a surprise, huh?  ;)

Actually, I was a bit surprised later on when I came back from my run and uploaded it to Strava.  With today's run added in, I've run over 700 miles already this year.  And spent 100 hours running those miles.  I think my knee has every right to feel a bit twingy!

Anyway, I managed 7.5 miles this morning, which wasn't bad considering I did the WR10k yesterday.  It was an organised Sweatshop Running Community run - and after a little over 3 miles, the group stopped to decide whether or not people wanted to do 10 miles or do the shorter 7.5 mile route.  My brain required precisely no time at all to go '7.5.. we're doing 7.5... that's it.  7.5.  You say 10 and I will shut your legs down as of NOW'.  So 7.5 was plenty enough!  Didn't really run with anyone today. I just needed to run at a slow pace so as not to strain my knee any more and adjusting my pace to be faster / slower to suit others just wasn't going to happen!

To be honest, it was a kind of crappy run.  My stomach decided to do some crazy stuff while I was running (don't eat baked beans before running... *shudder*) and was so painful I had to stop and stretch a few times to help ease it off.  I'm not sorry I went though.  I got to see lots of damselflies doing their thing.  Ducklings and goslings getting bigger and braver, swimming down the river and canal.  Rowers being yelled at by their enthusiastic coaches who were cycling along on the banks.  Passed under cool shady bridges.  Ran past plenty of fishermen.  And despite not feeling 100%, was still happy to be out there, running.

700 miles so far this year.  Originally I'd aimed to do 500 for the whole year.  And I think I've already run 800 miles as part of my runstreak.  That's Lands End to John O'Groats stuff!!

Flip.  Ping.  Heck.

Let's not even talk about how many cups of tea I've had to fuel all of that running!!

Geeky stats stuff

Part 1 (before accidentally switching off my Garmin)
Distance:3.28 mi
Time:29:41
Avg Pace:9:04 min/mi
Elevation Gain:47 ft
Part 2
Distance:4.21 mi
Time:38:12
Avg Pace:9:04 min/mi
Elevation Gain:27 ft

No comments:

Post a Comment