Friday 4 July 2014

Runstreak Day #216 - urgh... dark... wet... bleh!

I do not like wet
Out the house
I do not like wet
(big girl's blouse)
I do not like wet
Here or there
I do not like wet
Anywhere
I do not like wet evening runs
I do not like them, they're no fun.

Would you run them 
In your socks?
Would you run them
Round the blocks?

Not in my socks
Not round the blocks
Not out the house
Am big girl's blouse
I would not run them here or there
I would not run them anywhere!
I would not do wet evening runs
I do not like them, they're not fun!!

The rain!  The rain!
The big fat rain!!
Would you run out
In the rain?

I would not, could not, in the rain
Not in the dark, are you insane?!
Not very far, not past some pee
I do not like wet much you see
I do not like wet in my socks
I do not race out round the blocks
Not out the house (am big girl's blouse)
I would not run them here or there
I would not run them anywhere!

I would NOT do wet evening runs
I do not like them, they're not fun!!

You do not like them
SO you say
Try them!  Try them!
And you may!
Try them and you may, I say!

Damn!  If you will let me be
I will try them.
Big brave me.

Say!  I like wet evening runs!!!!
I do!  I like them!  Damn, what fun!!
And I will run them when it rains
And in the dark, though that's insane.
And I'll go far, run past the pee
They are so good, so good you see!!

So, I will run them in my socks
And trainers out around the blocks
And I will run them out the house
I am so brave, not big girl's blouse!
And I will run them here or there
Yay!  I will run them anywhere!!!

I do so like wet evening runs!
No, that's a lie
They're still not fun.  ;o)

It took a monumental shove to get me out of the door today.  It was going dark.  I got wet.  I ran up the stupid big hill.  I fake-tied-up-my-shoelace to get my breath back.  Then ran with the rain streaming down my face and into my eyes, nose, and everywhere.  Shorts plastered against my legs.  Grim determination on my face.  5k... done.

Got home, my littlest made me a cup of tea.  And there was a warm bath run.

I *knew* there was a reason why I love my family.

Geeky stats stuff

Distance:3.10 mi
Time:25:16
Avg Pace:8:08 min/mi
Elevation Gain:205 ft

No comments:

Post a Comment