Saturday 31 May 2014

Runstreak Day #182 - 6 months of running... and a 5k PB! YAY!

My runstreak hit 6 months old today!!!  Half a year of running every single day.  Jeepers creepers!  :o

Also managed parkrun this morning... and... BOASTY MOMENT WARNING!!!... got a new parkrun PB of 24:03 (which according to my Garmin was my best 5k at 23:45 which is ace!).  9th female, 1st in my age group!  WOOOO HOOOOO!!!

At the start of my runstreak I'd never run with anyone else.  I could manage 5k in 30 minutes-ish.  I'd never run further than about 7k.  I wouldn't have described myself as a runner.  I'd never run more than two days in a row.

All of those things I've either now done or no longer feel about myself.  It's amazing what running every day can do for your self-confidence.  No matter what else happens in any given day, I know that I'll have done at least one thing that's worthwhile because I'll have been for a run.  I know as a mum you do lots of things that are worthwhile... but doing something just for yourself can be a scarce beastie!!

I wonder if people look at me and think 'she's a serious runner'?  I wonder if other women who are starting out running, just as I was just over a year ago, think 'I could never be *that* runner?  But they don't know where I've come from with this.  How many miles I've run to get even to this point with my running.  They didn't see the obese woman starting to run in January last year.  They don't know I'm not a serious runner... I'm as surprised as anyone to discover that I love running.  I'm improving.  I get some space and a dose of freedom every day.  I get to run and have no-one need me for just a short while each day.  Even if it is hard work!!

Anyone fancy joining me with a celebratory cuppa?  :D

*happy dances to the kettle*

Geeky stats stuff

Distance:3.15 mi
Time:24:03
Moving Time:24:03
Elapsed Time:24:03
Avg Pace:7:39 min/mi
Avg Moving Pace:7:39 min/mi
Best Pace:5:42 min/mi

No comments:

Post a Comment