Tuesday 13 May 2014

Runstreak Day #164 - short, sharp, hilly, chaos.

Today I didn't run.

Until nearly 8pm.  :o)

And then because my son was with me, Day 164's run had to be fairly quick / short... so we did both quick and short.  And mainly hilly.  And the fact that he is super and stupidly competitive meant that I had to get my little legs moving to keep up with him.  He takes no prisoners when he's on his bike!

It is kinda surreal running with your kids coming along.  You can't enter that nice drifty mental space at all like you can when you're on your own.  Nope.  Instead you're trying to keep up with their random conversation and make yourself understood as you're huffing and puffing.  Part of the run involved him saying stuff without moving his mouth and getting me to guess what he was saying.  So he's saying something incoherent... I'm shouting a guess at him... he's yelling 'no'... and I'm yelling another guess while trying to breath and run up a hill... he's continuing to be random about it all... and so it goes on. And then when you get to the top of the hill, he's forgotten the word he was saying in the first place and then yells 'I WIN!!!!' as he gets to the top first.  Aaaargh!!!!

If there's something that's going to get your legs and lungs working it's running with kids.  If there's something that's going to test your parenting skills and patience to the max, it's also running with kids!!!

Mind you, he did make me average a pace of 7:47 mins per mile... which isn't bad.  He broke me in the process... but... you can't have everything, can you?

Cuppa and a happy dance anyone?  Don't mind if I do.

Geeky stats stuff

Distance:2.70 mi
Time:21:00
Avg Pace:7:47 min/mi
Time:21:00
Moving Time:21:02
Elapsed Time:28:01
Avg Pace:7:47 min/mi
Avg Moving Pace:7:48 min/mi
Best Pace:6:14 min/mi

No comments:

Post a Comment