Saturday 17 May 2014

Runstreak Day #168 - Beeston parkrun, a PB and some sunshine!

Yay!  Got a PB at parkrun this morning!!

Mind you, I will never understand the difference between the times that they record and the time on your watch though.  Mine said 24:19 and theirs said 24:31 - which is weird because I definitely didn't wait for over 10 seconds to start my watch or stop it 10 seconds ahead of the finish funnel.  Anyhoo... who cares?  It still goes down as a PB for parkrun which, given that I wasn't going for one today (due to being knackered after yesterday's crazy busy day), is worthy of a happy dance or two!

It was gorgeous out this morning though.  Blue skies, zingy greenery, sunshine pinging off the water... yeah... nice.  Bit hot, but still one of those mornings where you catch yourself thinking 'yeah, I LOVE running and I LOVE that I get to run when it's like this'.  It makes all those winter months of running in hail, sleet, wind (oh, the endless bloody wind!), rain, dark and grot worthwhile.  Plus, I got to meet up with a couple of others which calmed me down at the start, and ended up run-walking with one of them at the end to help her to complete... and it wasn't a chore in the slightest, it was so lovely I could have carried on for ages.

So... Beeston parkrun.  There are an awful lot of REALLY quick people there - quicker than Colwick parkrun (first finisher in sub-15 mins!!), the route is nice, the way it doubles back on itself at the end is evil, there are oodles of people, the pace at the start is off-puttingly quick, but the lovely grass bank to collapse on at the end is dandy!

Other than the panic at the start... I think I might just have enjoyed another parkrun!!

Geeky stats stuff

Distance:3.17 mi
Time:24:20
Avg Pace:7:41 min/mi

Time:24:20
Moving Time:24:19
Elapsed Time:24:20
Avg Pace:7:41 min/mi
Avg Moving Pace:7:41 min/mi
Best Pace:5:48 min/mi

No comments:

Post a Comment