Thursday 29 May 2014

Runstreak Day #180 - hills again...

*darts commentator voice*
One hundred and eighty!!!!!! 
Dooo be doooooo... 20 runs until I make it to 200 days straight! And in just a few days I'll have been doing this crazy runstreak thing for a whole half a year. Sheer madness. Also crackers is the fact that I'm not bored of running and I love it more than when I started. 
Doesn't mean I always make sensible decisions when it comes to picking a route. Today's run was going to be a flat one after yesterday's hillier than a hilly thing run. But when I came to it, I was too lazy to get in the car to drive somewhere flatter so ended up with another hilly run. Which is both lazy AND stupid. And requires a whole heap of effort to get up the hills.
Fortunately, Nottingham always has a way of motivating you to get your legs moving up a hill. Whether that's because someone has stopped their car to watch you run up a hill. Or you've had someone heckle you as you run past a bus stop. Or, as in tonight, you have to run past a gang of dope smoking idiots halfway up the hill... and you mildly cack yourself as you realise you're going to have to run through the middle of them and hope against hope that your legs don't conk out. It really is the city that likes to give a runner motivation to keep on running. 
3 hilly miles. I have tea. All is well.
*happy dances off to bed*

Geeky stats stuff

Distance:3.03 mi
Time:24:56
Moving Time:24:57
Elapsed Time:29:37
Avg Pace:8:13 min/mi
Avg Moving Pace:8:13 min/mi
Best Pace:6:22 min/mi

No comments:

Post a Comment