Thursday 22 May 2014

Runstreak Day #173 - running clubs and intervals

Day 173 of my runstreak and today was another first - first time of having a go running with a running club and was very grateful to a running friend for meeting me there.

Not least that knowing we'd arranged to meet meant that I couldn't chicken out even though every single bit of me, from hair to toenails, wanted to! The torrential rain and wind provided me with the perfect excuse not to bother... but curses to the runstreak, because I've run in worse and crap weather has always turned out to be no reason to duck out of running.

So... given that I'm writing this now... I obviously survived!

Hooray!

Am doubting the sanity of having gone along on a 500 calorie fasting day as I was definitely feeling the 'no fuel in the tank' feeling. But, it was important to me not to be a big baby and use that as an excuse. As expected, I ran like a snail, but at least I gave it a go. Sometimes that's the important thing, isn't it? Just making yourself get out there.

I will conquer my fear of running with other people!

Another day done and another cuppa may well be in order. Kettle's on... anyone else want one?

*happy dances into the kitchen*

Geeky stats stuff

Distance:5.74 mi
Time:46:43
Avg Pace:8:08 min/mi
Time:46:43
Moving Time:46:44
Elapsed Time:53:37
Avg Pace:8:08 min/mi
Avg Moving Pace:8:08 min/mi
Best Pace:4:06 min/mi

No comments:

Post a Comment