Sunday 4 May 2014

Runstreak Day #155 - only just...

Some runs you feel brilliant.  Some runs you don't.  Some runs you don't feel brilliant and it takes half a run to go 'oh, it's probably because I swam 80 lengths this morning, stuffed my face with a roast dinner this evening and going out tired and over-full isn't the recipe for running greatness'.  Which was what happened this evening!

It took me until the evening to get out of the house at all.  I was going to go first thing but then the kids wanted to go swimming, so we did that instead.  The rest of the day drifted by in pretty much that fashion too until I got to the 'ditch the runstreak or go' moment at just past 8pm.

I did the 'go' bit and managed to get one of my children to come with me (company always helps if you're not feeling it!).  It wasn't anywhere near the 10 miles I was supposed to be aiming for today.  It wasn't quite 4 miles, but I just didn't have it in me to do any more.  So I didn't.

Some runs are like that.

They're still worth celebrating with a cuppa though!  :o)

Geeky stats stuff

Distance:3.77 mi
Time:31:29
Avg Pace:8:20 min/mi

Time:31:29
Moving Time:31:29
Elapsed Time:37:40
Avg Pace:8:20 min/mi
Avg Moving Pace:8:21 min/mi
Best Pace:4:32 min/mi

No comments:

Post a Comment