Wednesday 7 May 2014

Runstreak Day #158 - I nearly didn't...

... but then I did.

I think I'm letting other people's feelings about whether or not I should carry on with my runstreak get into my head a bit.  Yesterday was a weird disaster, but it doesn't mean that I should stop.  I guess I feel a bit of pressure that I should be 'sensible' and stop.  I know my own body though... and I know that I have these ups and downs... and it's okay.

Anyway, I didn't stop.  And today I ran a comfortable 5k.  Up the big hill near my house... down... up... down... up... down... the usual.  And it was fine.  Bit of crazy windy weather but it felt good.  You really do have to listen to your own body and your own instincts when it comes to running.  You don't take stupid risks and injure yourself, but just running everyday isn't such an extreme thing really.  It's like anything.  You get used to doing it, your body knows what it's doing and it just happens.  You do less if you don't feel like it... more if you do.

I'm sure there should be a proper plan I'm following.  Proper advice to be followed.  But I just want to run.  I love knowing that I can and it makes me feel good.  I don't care if I get faster.  I'd like to be able to run further and keep on enjoying what running shows me I can do.  While that's still the case, I'm going to keep on keeping on.

Geeky stats stuff

Distance:3.11 mi
Time:26:11
Avg Pace:8:24 min/mi
Time:26:11
Moving Time:26:11
Elapsed Time:26:11
Avg Pace:8:24 min/mi
Avg Moving Pace:8:24 min/mi
Best Pace:6:41 min/mi

No comments:

Post a Comment