Friday 30 May 2014

Runstreak Day #181 - a run to keep the streak going

The thing I've learned about run streaking is that not every day is going to be a 'woooo hooo that was AWESOME!!!' day.  Some days you run because you know that the next day will be easier, not because today's run is going to be anything particularly special.  And that's okay.  You get over those days, you take what you can from them... and you let them go.  Yes, you could just say 'today is the day that I stop', but I don't want it to be like that.  I want to make a decision that it's the right day to stop rather than I just felt a bit tired and couldn't be bothered!

So.. this evening's run was a bit like that.  I'd planned to go for a run when I got home from work - but forgot that my husband was off out which meant I was on kiddie duty.  Which is absolutely fine, it just makes everything that bit more of a juggle.  Which it was!  I persuaded them to get on their bikes and come with me.  But my run involved a fair bit of waiting around... either for my daughter to catch up... or for me to try to explain where we were going to my son who just wanted to vanish off into the distance!

It was also a lot hillier than I'd intended as I didn't have the car which could fit the kids' bikes in the back.  So my 'I'll go for an easy flat run after work' turned into 'I'll go for a stop starty quicker than I'd like hilly run' run instead!

Until tomorrow...

Geeky stats stuff

Distance:2.15 mi
Time:17:34
Moving Time:17:36
Elapsed Time:27:36
Avg Pace:8:10 min/mi
Avg Moving Pace:8:11 min/mi
Best Pace:5:56 min/mi

No comments:

Post a Comment