Wednesday 14 May 2014

Runstreak Day #165 - the indignity of running...

165 runs on the run...

... and... TMI ALERT!!!... it was nearly runs on the run too!  Oh the indignity!!

There I was... tootling along at a nice relaxed pace after a stressful day thinking to myself 'I'm going to run until I feel like stopping'.  You know the kind of run, where you just need some peace and quiet to sort your thoughts out and get the day in perspective.  In fact, it's my first run like that in a few days as I've been running with my children each day while my husband's been away.  Today he was back, so I got a freedom run.

So... as I say... there I was... running.  Just running.  Rocking my shorts.  Enjoying the warm-but-not-too-warm evening.  Swallowed a fly (naturally), tried not to choke.  Turned off my music and listened to the birdies twittering.  Watched the bunny rabbits boinging off into the undergrowth.  The sun glinting on the lake I was running around.  No-one else out.  Lovely.  Thought to myself, I think I could keep this up for ages... until... an ominous rumble.  Not thunder.  My stomach.  Oh.  Good.  Grief.

At this point, even if I don't do another loop of the lake I've still got another 1.5 miles to go.  And I don't know if I can hold it.  I don't know if what followed was running or some kind of new record breaking attempt for the world's most clenched buttocks.  It was not pretty.  I contemplated my options.  Bush - but might sting bum on nettles.  Ditch - might get wet feet.  Behind a tree - could be seen by random bird spotters.  Plus, what to do for loo roll options?  A dock leaf ain't going to cut it.

In the end, I ran-hobbled back to the car.  Collapsing in a gurgling grateful heap and driving back to home comforts, quick smart!!

Another day of running.  Another day where my dignity exited stage left.

At least I didn't wee myself today though.  Every cloud an' all that.  :o)

Geeky stats stuff

Distance:4.77 mi
Time:41:38
Avg Pace:8:43 min/mi

Time:41:38
Moving Time:41:38
Elapsed Time:41:51
Avg Pace:8:43 min/mi
Avg Moving Pace:8:43 min/mi
Best Pace:7:46 min/mi

No comments:

Post a Comment