Tuesday 6 May 2014

Runstreak Day #157 - stop, start, collapse...

Good grief today's run was atrocious!!

Parts of it felt absolutely fine.  In fact, that's a lie.  Most of it was fine.  But about two-thirds of the way round I started to feel faint and I don't know what was the matter with me.  Fortunately, I was running with my daughter (who cycled while I ran)... which made it better because she stops and starts anyway and gave me a chance to get my head together!  By the time I'd done 3 miles I almost stopped completely and decided to walk the rest... but somehow managed to run the last half mile.

I think maybe my stupidly busy week last week has caught up on me.  I managed to oversleep this morning which meant my morning was crazily rushed and the day felt like it was escaping.  Times like this a sane person would say 'have a rest day', but things are kinda stressy at work at the mo and running is such a life saver.  All the petty nonsense is put to one side when you're running... listening to your breathing and your footsteps.  Thinking about nothing more than keeping on going.  I love the fact that running fills my head with calm nothingness.

Shame that calm nothingness threatened to become fainting blackness today!!!  Tomorrow will have to be a nice gentle easy run.  That *almost* counts as a rest day, right?

At least having run every day for the past 157 days, I know that this is just a blip and a lovely, delicious, sparkly fresh run is just around the corner!  That's worth a happy dance!

*happy dances*

Geeky stats stuff

Distance:3.36 mi
Time:28:06
Avg Pace:8:22 min/mi
Time:28:06
Moving Time:28:09
Elapsed Time:44:16
Avg Pace:8:22 min/mi
Avg Moving Pace:8:23 min/mi
Best Pace:6:28 min/mi

No comments:

Post a Comment