Sunday 25 May 2014

Runstreak Day #176 - long runs, conversational pace and company

So, today was Day 176 of my runstreak and it was bloomin' ace!

Thanks to Facebook, I've got to know a fair few other Notts-based runners and sparked our own Notts Women Runners group on Facebook where we arrange to meet up with others in our area for a run.  Well, today's run was with a brilliant member of the group who was an absolute pleasure to run with.

Yet again, I was reminded of all the lovely things about running.  We'd got a nice flat route (hooray for running near the River Trent!), the weather was sparkly and delicious, the scenery was pretty, it wasn't too muddy... we didn't get attacked by flies.... and we were out there just enjoying the freedom.  Since we both kept an eye our pace we did 7 and a bit relaxed miles, with legs that weren't collapsing with tiredness at the end.  Flippin' lovely!  Even a spot of aeroplane arms-ing too (earning myself a beep from a passing car *chuckle*).  YAY!

I have now earned my roast dinner and I am currently wearing my smug shorts.  My legs may still be pasty white, but for the first time in well over a decade I've been brave enough to brave shorts.  Not even running shorts or nuffink.  Grown up girl 'get yer legs out' shorts!  Running does wonders for toning your legs!!

Hooray for company!  Hooray for lovely runners!  Hooray for lovely weather.  Hooray for everything!!!

Swimming this morning... running this afternoon... and feeling brilliant the rest of the day!!  If anyone's at the start of C25K and wondering if it's worth it... I wish I could bottle days like today and share them with you.  Running's ace!

*happy dances off to make another well-earned cuppa*

Geeky stats stuff

Distance:7.19 mi
Time:1:06:46
Avg Pace:9:17 min/mi


Moving Time:1:06:47
Elapsed Time:1:10:16
Avg Pace:9:17 min/mi
Avg Moving Pace:9:17 min/mi
Best Pace:5:09 min/mi

No comments:

Post a Comment