Thursday 8 May 2014

Runstreak Day #159 - seeing where it takes you...

Today was a 'see where it takes me' run.  I was trying to think where I fancied running before I went out this evening but couldn't really think of anywhere... so... instead... I just left the house... and meandered.  Up a hill... down a hill... across a park I've not crossed before... down a long boring road, cutting across another... up a steep hill just for a bit of variety... then running home pretty quickly to avoid the rain shower which was just beginning.

A 'see where it takes me' run.

It was kinda nice.  Even the bit where I had to run up a steep hill past a football pitch load of kids and parents watching as I huffed and puffed and channelled my inner gazelle.  Or mountain goat... it was a flippin' steep bit of hill!  Under my breath I'm counting furiously '1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 etc...' to try to keep my legs going, while attempting to look brightly effortless.  Am sure I just looked crazy.  But I'm awarding myself marks for effort anyway!

Tomorrow I'm meant to be doing a long run.  Why does it still fill me with fear to think about doing more than around 5k?!  It's not like my legs are going to fall off... but even so...  *gulps*

159 days and counting.  I've earned a cuppa and a bit of feet up time!

Geeky stats stuff

Distance:2.82 mi
Time:23:30
Avg Pace:8:19 min/mi
Time:23:30
Moving Time:23:30
Elapsed Time:24:44
Avg Pace:8:19 min/mi
Avg Moving Pace:8:20 min/mi
Best Pace:6:49 min/mi

No comments:

Post a Comment