Friday 16 May 2014

Runstreak Day #167 - I've earned a weekend!

I am officially trashed.  Such a stupidly long day - up before 5am to walk 3 miles into Nottingham to catch a train to Newcastle... walk to the venue... presenting at a conference... back to the station... then the morning's journey in reverse.  

But... guess what I did this evening?  I RAN!  YAY!!!!  Day 167, you have been run!  :o)

And guess what else I did?  I ran in a cropped running top!!!  The only witness to this was my son, who'd come with me on his bike.  I chose a quiet route as I know it's flat and I was just too tired to do anything more than run on the flat.  Then, I tootled at a nice steady pace, trying to avoid the flies as ever.  Wearing my running shorts and cropped top.  Me.  Nearly 40.  With two children.  And my stomach exposed to the fresh air for the first time since I was a smudge-faced grot-bucket of a kid!

So... things I've learned about running in a cropped top:
1.  It feels soooooo cool and nice
2.  Occasionally it feels almost too cool and nice and you have a minor panic that you're not wearing anything and have woken up in *that* dream where you're running somewhere, naked...
3.  If you bend over or slouch in any way, your stomach looks like it's trying to eat itself
4.  When you get home, you will have flies stuck all over your stomach.  Mmmm... sweaty dead flies... nice...

Three miles.  Done.  And now I've earned going to bed early!

Nightie night!  *happy dances off to bed*

Geeky stats stuff

Distance:3.01 mi
Time:24:56
Avg Pace:8:17 min/mi

Time:24:56
Moving Time:24:58
Elapsed Time:26:29
Avg Pace:8:17 min/mi
Avg Moving Pace:8:18 min/mi
Best Pace:6:32 min/mi

No comments:

Post a Comment