Friday 9 May 2014

Runstreak Day #160 - Zoooooooom... and stop... and zooooom...

Did my fastest ever mile today... 6:55 mins/mile!!!

Bit of a stop starty run though, if I'm honest... which wasn't bad at all.  My daughter came with me on her bike.  The rain had stopped.  The long run I had planned didn't happen, but everything happens for a reason and an enjoyable three miles at the end of a busy week was probably far more sensible!  She does like to stop and chat though does my little girl.  At just about every junction we have to have a conversation about which way we're going next which goes 'next left', 'what, that way?' *points right*... 'no, left'... 'okay... so... that way *points right* then that way *points left'... 'no, just left... around the corner... that way... okay, okay... I'll stop at the end of this road and show you...'

And so it goes on.

At least it means that I get to do lots of little bits of faster running.  Which probably isn't a bad thing.  And she does like to race me up the hills... which possibly counts as hill sprints?!  I don't know!  The upshot was that while I was moving, overall my pace was 7:38 minutes / mile and it shows that my little legs can manage that pace... just gotta try to do that when I haven't got a 10 year old with the navigational skills of a lettuce coming with me.  :o)

Day 160.  Get in!

Tea?  Yes please!!

Geeky stats stuff

Distance:3.00 mi
Time:22:55
Avg Pace:7:38 min/m

ime:22:55
Moving Time:22:54
Elapsed Time:39:12
Avg Pace:7:38 min/mi
Avg Moving Pace:7:38 min/mi
Best Pace:5:16 min/mi

No comments:

Post a Comment