Friday 27 February 2015

Runstreak Day #452 - things that seem like a good idea...

... deciding that I'm going to do a race each month in 2015 and then not finding anything to enter in February.  But having the bright idea to do a virtual race that month instead.

And then completely forgetting about it.

And all of a sudden, it's February 25th, you haven't done your 10k and you know that finding the time is going to be tricky in the last three days.

Which is exactly what happened to me!  Whoopsie!!  Just goes to show how fragmented my running is at the moment.  A little bit here, a little bit there.  But no long runs to speak of.  My marathon training is *not* going well at all!!

In the end, I found a friend to run the 10k with and without her, I definitely wouldn't have been able to do it.  I'd already run the 2.5 miles there and back to get my littlest to school in the morning, and I really wasn't feeling it in the slightest.  Knowing that I had to meet someone else put enough pressure on me to get out of the door.  Plus, I could say out loud 'I don't want to run particularly fast' and rather than then trying to kill myself anyway, I had someone with me to go 'I thought you didn't want to go very fast' and slow me down.

So, although it was a bit of a struggle and I really was too tired to do it.  I earned my virtual race medal.  I did my bit of the Miscarriage Association.  And the 'I didn't quite remember to run' guilts have gone.

Oh, and I also over-heated a bit which means... don't tell anyone... but the weather is starting to warm up!  YES!!!

Woooo hooooo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment