Sunday 22 February 2015

Runstreak Day #448 - ownsome lonesome

Day 448, all run and dusted.  Yay!

For the first time in over a week, I got to run on my own.  While I really enjoy running with other people a lot of the time (and I'd never have said that a year ago when the thought of running with others was terrifying!)... I definitely feel like I'm missing something by not getting that headspace running can bring.  And every so often, I like a nice selfish wodge of time that's all for me.

As I set out on my run, the sky was clear and I glanced up at the stars.  It was so pretty.  And if you run when it's a bit later, the streets feel like they're yours.  Hardly anyone about.  Not much traffic.  And you really do feel the freedom of running.  It's a shame that lots of women are too scared to run at night on their own - because if you do it, it's one of life's little pleasures.  Cold crisp air.  Sparkly pavements.  Quiet so you can let your mind drift.  Really kinda delicious.

And in all that perfection of a nice gentle run... I got bloody well turtled.  Damn it!  And if you follow me on Strava, you can see the exact moment the turtling happened, because my pace went up to 6-7 minute miles as I dashed for home.

Turtle power!

So glam.

*head desk*

No comments:

Post a Comment