Tuesday 17 February 2015

Runstreak Day #444 - Tesco Tuesdays

I love my Tesco Tuesdays!!  About 25 - 30 from my beginners' group on a Sunday meet to repeat our Sunday run on Tuesday evenings!  It's flippin' brilliant.  Someone said to me this evening was I sad to see my little flock flying the nest as they ran their 20+ minutes... but that's not the case at all.  I LOVE seeing them able to run.  I don't think they have any idea how happy it makes me to see them flying along!  They have gone from my beginner group to being my newest running buddies.  It's awesome and I am the proudest proudest mother hen around!

I noticed this evening that in the first few weeks, while they were walking, they'd chat... but when they were running, it would go silent.  Now they run and chat at the same time!  How cool is that?  Everyone's comfortable enough with their running that they've got beyond the 'OMG immagonnadie' bit of the first minute of running... and now they're running.  They're properly running.  And chatting too.  WOOOO HOOO!!

It's just fabulous to see everyone from those who are at the front and can run a bit further to those in the middle who push themselves... to those at the back who are trying and trying with every step... it's wonderful to see what they can achieve.  I used to run on my own.  Always on my own.  I didn't realise that running with others could be such a privilege.  And when it's runners who you've shared such a change with.  It is the most incredible thing.

And on Thursday I've been invited to talk about our running group... and I can't wait to do that either.  It's a special community we've created.  I hope other people can see it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment